Thursday, January 28, 2010

I miss Americans

I'm really feeling the cultural divide and missing my fellow americans. I don't know if it's the language barrier or not but I really feel as though their is so much hostility towards americans here and it's getting to the point where I dread having to come into contact with spaniards. For example when I go shopping I am used to someone greeting me with a smile and a hello but this never occurs in Spain. Service in general is so much different here, basically it doesn't exist. I have been told that europeans are a more efficient people and therefore they think self service is more ideal. I don't know, I guess it is just something that will take some getting used to! I just feel like I am very unwanted here. I am stimulating their economy! Shouldn't they be happy?!

It's really warm today though so that's a positive!

5 comments:

  1. Interesting, at the end of the day I guess you'll just aprreciate what we have here all the more !

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ames --- you are learning so much about the world!! :)
    start adding more pics to your blog girlfriend!
    will email you soon.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with that! Normally I smile at people and say hi when passing but that never happens here! We should just make a point to smile at each other more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stupid Mexicans. Tell them to stuff a tortilla in there sombreros. Anyhow, Its very fun reading your blog. We miss you.

    ReplyDelete