Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Madrid

I'm here! I finally arrived in Madrid after some eventful travel experience. My flight to Philadelphia got cancelled so I was rerouted to Atlanta then to Paris and then finally to Madrid. I arrived after the API airport pick up so I had to take a taxi to the hotel we are staying at for a few days which was actually kinda fun because my taxi driver spoke no english and I was forced to use some of that Spanish i've been learning!

I have definitely been feeling a little overwhelmed and wondering what the heck I'm doing in a foreign country by myself but I am blaming that on jet lag and not having slept for over 24 hours!I really am so excited to be here in Madrid though and to get to Seville so I can start exploring the city!

Last night API took us(75 of us) out to dinner and I had duck. I have to say it was actually really good. I've met a lot of really cool people so far, a ton of people from the east coast. Me and the other three K-Staters are pretty much representing the midwest. None of them knew that it snows in Kansas and they think we should have accents. Weird.

Here are some pictures of el Palacio Real and el Museo del Prado that we visited today.

Hasta Luego!



2 comments:

  1. duck eh?? nice. call me when you can!! have so much fun, take lots of pics, live it up but be careful!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the village where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete