Monday, February 1, 2010

1 de Febrero

You know that kid in every spanish class who is like buddy buddy with the teacher, answers all her questions, has inside jokes with her, and seems to just be well above everyone else's level in the class. Ya, he sits next to me in my advanced spanish class but in my conversation class I am that kid! Ok, I definitely don't have any inside jokes with my teacher but I can't tell you how nice it is to actually understand everything the teacher says and be the one to answer the hard questions. Granted I have taken a few classes above this level at K-State but I actually feel like I am learning more in this class than in my advanced class because although it's mostly review I can understand everything she says and therefore really remember how to say something correctly! In my advanced class I walk away not having any idea whats going on, it definitely challenges my ability to focus more. No ADD allowed in that class.

So that was class today. I then came home to an email from Pilar, one of my resident directors, that said my sevici pass had arrived in the mail! It's supposed to take 4-6 weeks to arrive but ended up only taking one week! For those of you who don't know, Sevici is the city run bike system in Seville. There are bike stations almost every 100 yards where you rent a bike from. You then have 30 minutes to get to your destination before they start charging you. So me and Emily decided it would be a good idea to take a little leasurely bike ride home from the API office...uh no, these are the heaviest bikes ever so every pedal takes you like one foot and I was definitely feeling the burn the whole way home. I realize now that they probably do this so that people can't speed down the streets like maniacs but darn it I want to speed down the street like a maniac! Haha, I guess this will be my new way of exericising!

I do have some homework already, but I really have nothing else on my plate right now. It makes me excited that I will be traveling almost every weekend I am here. I'll be able to hang out and explore Sevilla during the week and on the weekends see other things!

Have a good week everyone! Sorry I don't have any pictures to post on here. I promise I am working on it!

4 comments:

  1. I love your story about he bike being so heavy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice writing. you have a nice way of telling your experience. Can't wait for more.

    Best Regards,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete