Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Hood Cont.

Finally some nice weather today so Elisia and I went on a walk to try and find this golf course I have been wanting to find. Needless to say we did not make it there because I was more concerned about getting us out of the most impoverished part of Seville. Probably should have realized it was time to turn around when google maps could no longer find me on my itouch(yes my itouch has GPS, don't ask me why I am just now finding this out today but I am very excited about this finding and will definitely be using it a lot in the near future) but we continued for awhile and now feel very fortunate that we live where we live in Seville. We ran into the same homeless guy a couple times and got quite a few stares but I don't blame them. Two blonde american girls with big sunglasses walking around a trash filled neighborhood. Sore thumbs sticking out. Looks like I won't be working on my golf game while I am here.

4 comments:

  1. Too funny ! There must be a course somewhere in a good area. Ask Pilar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that FREE itouch sure is saving your life eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Amy...you would know your itouch has a gps! Just kidding, I am glad its coming in handy but its good to know you still carry it everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Amy, it's Sam's bestest friend Bryan (aka Miltz). He told me about your trip and your blog so I became a follower. I'm diggin' it!! It reminds me of my trip to Spain in '86 with my Spanish class. Loads of fun and a great learning experience. Hopefully you can make it down to Costa del Sol when it's gets warmer. The Spanish economy is in serious trouble and I'm surprised to hear there's not much in the way of customer service. If they were more grateful for your business, they'd be happier (Pragertopia). Since you have an iTouch, you should check out an app called "Geocaching". You can use it to go scavenger hunting in Sevilla and beyond!!

    http://appshopper.com/navigation/geocaching

    Toma la suave, Amy, y mantenga el blogging. iMe gusta mucho!

    ReplyDelete