Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Life lately

Sorry it has been so long since I have posted on my oh so amazing blog. I have just been so busy with midterms and traveling and planning for more traveling. I have also been spending a lot more time outside because alas it has stopped raining!!! Knock on wood but we have had lots of 70 plus days where I have just gone down to the river with some friends and hung out and got some sun! Speaking of sun, I just got back from the island of Tenerife which is part of the Canary Islands. We were really only there for two days and I wish we could have stayed there longer so I could have gotten even more sun but I actually wasn't too impressed with the island. Granted all we did was lay by the pool(which I really can't complain about) and really didn't do any exploring at all but I think we were all expecting some tropical paradise. Maybe I am just feeling that way because we were at a resort in which we were the youngest people there by about 50 years and I have now seen enough men in speedos and 60 year old women without swimsuit tops to last me a lifetime! Oh, Europe. I also ate more food than I thought was humanly possible because we upgraded to all inclusive and since we were 10 girls with no one to impress pool side we definitely took advantage of the situation. To have 80 degree weather though and come back with a tan line is pretty exciting even if the beaches weren't the nicest!!! The island was also pretty impoverished which is not what I was expecting. It just makes me realize how lucky I am to live where I live and have what I have!

The weekend before this we went to three cities in the autonomous region of Spain of Extremadura and saw a lot of cultural things like old roman ruins, churches, we stayed in a monastery which is pretty cool, and also went on a 10 mile hike up a mountain. It was pretty rough but a lot of fun with some pretty spectacular views. Unfortunately though I do not have any pictures of it because my camera died half way through. Won't be making that mistake again.

I am now more half way done which I can not believe and am wishing I had more time here. Don't get me wrong, I get extremely home sick sometimes but 4 months is simply not enough time to do all the things I want to do! I guess I will just have to make use of the time I have and start living it up! Have a good rest of your week everyone!









1 comment: