Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Toros

Just got back from a bullfight and have to say it is one of my favorite things I have done in Sevilla. I feel like a boy, but I actually thought it was really cool, and am surprised at how much it didn't bother me.

It's huge to these people, like a Spanish Kentucky Derby except they kill the animal instead of race it. They all dress up really nice and go out and drink before and during the event. Tickets are pretty expensive(ours were 86 euro although API paid for them)and the people are very well to do. Great cultural experience though, got to see five fights and one bull snap its horn out of its socket from running into a wall too hard. Pretty graphic and it was obviously in a lot of pain, but the other bulls were stabbed about seven times before they were actually killed so at least it didn't have to go through that! Probably not the most humane thing, but who doesn't like a man in tight pants!

Una broma, here are some pics. I wanted to add a video but blogger is being lame and is taking thirty minutes to upload it.

3 comments:

  1. As long as it's not Dad wearing tight pants, I agree!
    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Dad should dress up as a bull fighter for Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam and Lisa: I love you! You so make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete